Mother’s Day Card & (SUPER) Easy Craft
NO PEEKING MOM!
Good. Because we want you to have a wonderful Mother’s Day with this card and craft!
Dads, partners, guardians, grandparents, pay attention!
I get it. You need something simple, quick and easy yet still wonderful and loving to give to Mom.
All you need for this is a printer, 2 pieces of paper, and scissors!
NO ARTISTIC ABILITY.
Mom- this is your last chance to not look!
Okay, remember fortune tellers?
Remember how fun they were to create and see who your future husband/wife was going to be?
Or who “liked” you?
Or how many babies you were going to have? Hahahahahaha!
Oh the fun!
You may have known them even by another name – cootie catcher!
Over at momsminivan.com, they have a great post and an empty template that you can print for future fun.
But today, we are doing a special one JUST for Mom!
I have created a 2-page .pdf file that you can easily print out and cut yourself.
Open this link to download:
Then follow the instructions!
Here are some pictures to help you along the way. (Please excuse my terrible quarantine-washed-a-billion-times hands!)
1. After you have cut out your square, turn the paper over and start folding each corner up to meet the middle point.
2. Then turn it over again, and do the same. Fold each corner up to meet in the middle.
3. Then fold your new square in half.
4. Place thumb and index fingers into the spaces under the four hearts and voila!
Instructions to play!
1. Ask Mom to pick a color. (Purple, orange, pink, red) Then spell out the color she picks moving your fingers back a forth for each letter.
2. Ask her to pick a number. Then move fingers back and forth for each number as you count. (You can do this a few times if you want!)
3. Finally, ask her to pick one last number and carefully open it up to reveal a sweet message underneath!
I’ve also included a sweet and easy card that you can sign yourself. I try to make all my printables gender-neutral and so you can do this at any age!
Don’t forget to subscribe for more freebies and awesome printables in the future!